inbeTWEEN was established in 2019 to connect tweens with authors to foster a love of reading.
Submit a book!
2021 submissions will be accepted through August 2020.
What types of books are we looking for?
- Fiction — MIDDLE GRADE (5th grade – 9th grade), any genre
- Nonfiction — MIDDLE GRADE history, biography, memoir, essays, and narrative nonfiction
- Poetry (no chapbooks)
What types of books are we NOT looking for?
inbeTWEEN focuses on connecting TWEENS with authors; therefore we will not accept
- books outside of the middle grade age range
- self-improvement or how-to books
- books strictly of primary academic or religious interest
- booklets of any genre
- books available only as ebooks
Please read all of the following information before submitting a book to inbeTWEEN:
The featured authors at inbeTWEEN will be selected by invitation only, as collaboration between publishing houses and the inbeTWEEN author committee. Authors who are invited to participate will be featured in a solo, moderated or panel session. inbeTWEEN does not feature authors for book signings only.
What do I need to do for my book to be considered?
If you are represented by a major publishing house, please have your publicist submit the following items for consideration:
- Full contact information for author and publicist if applicable
- Two copies of a finished book, galley/ARC, or manuscript you wish to be considered; electronic submissions will not be considered
- A list of honors and previously published titles (if applicable)
- Information about your ability to fund your own lodging and travel to Salt Lake City if your publisher is not covering the cost
- Your completed submission packet must be postmarked on or before August 2020.
Send your submission packet to:
inbeTWEEN BOOK FESTIVAL
358 S 700 E Ste B #116
Salt Lake City UT 84102
What if I’m a self-published or self-printed author?
Self-published titles will only be considered if:
- The title is bound.
- Printed copies can be available for our bookseller to sell.
The consideration for self-published titles that meet the above criteria will be the same as traditionally published books, outlined above. inbeTWEEN will not accept self-published titles that exist only in eBook format.
Please bear in mind:
- We do not charge a fee for submissions.
- We do not guarantee an invitation to participate in inbeTWEEN as a featured author just because you fit the criteria.
- We will not return any books submitted for consideration, and authors will receive neither feedback nor critique of submitted works.
What happens when a book is selected?
- We will begin issuing invitations to participate in inbeTWEEN as a featured author by mid-September 2020 until the festival is full.
- Authors who are invited to participate can provide materials for inclusion in the program and on the website.
- We do not provide monetary compensation for participation.
- We will post an announcement on the festival website when all submissions have been considered and invitations have been sent. We will not contact every individual who was not selected as a featured author.